Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area is seeking a energetic part-time Program Coordinator in the Menominee/Marinette Area. Must be organized, and able to build and maintian strong relationships in the community. Minimum of Bachelor's degree. Send resume to main office: BBBS 1100 Ludington St. Suite 302, Escanaba MI 49829.
Menominee/Marinette Job Description and Information
This position is responsible for:
providing high-level customer service in response to all customer and stakeholder inquiries and leads, as well as performing office coordination duties.
- This position is also responsible for conducting background checks and references for each volunteer.
- The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer processing time; youth/parent processing time; and customer satisfaction.
- providing match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with Big Brothers Big Sisters on the part of volunteers. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match closure rate, frequency of match closures, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction.
-assisting in fundraising when needed!
If you have any questions please call Tanya Ettenhofer @ 906-7890060
Volunteering is fun! Being a Big Brother or Big Sister is one of the most rewarding and enjoyable things you will ever do.
It's easy, too. Your Little can join you for the kinds of activities you already like to do, such as:
- Shooting hoops
- Playing a board game
- Sharing a pizza
- Taking a walk in the park
- Or just hanging out and talking.
Welcome to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area
Our mission is to facilitate and enhance the positive development of youth through volunteer friendships, mentoring, and outreach services. Thank you for your interest in our program. On this site you can find out how our program works, why it is important, and how you can get involved. Whether you’d like to become a Big Brother or Big Sister, a member of our Board of Directors, or a participant in one of our fund-raisers, I invite you to take a look. And then invite your friends!
Researchers found that after 18 months of spending time with their Bigs, the Little Brothers and Little Sisters, compared to those children not in our program, were:
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 37% less likely to skip a class
- 33% less likely to hit someone
- They also found that the Littles were more confident of their performance in schoolwork and getting along better with their families.